Aadhar card: How to check Aadhaar card status without EID
Aadhaar card is one of the most important documents for citizens of India. It can be used to avail a number of services including opening a bank account, filing the income tax return, and beating the passport blues. Therefore, it’s of utmost importance that you have an Aadhaar card, and that too updated. While you need to visit the nearby enrollment centre to apply for a new Aadhaar card, you can update the existing one with your name, date of birth, gender, and address online. For the latter, you can follow our how to update Aadhaar card online guide. Here we will show you how you can check Aadhaar card status online with and without an enrolment number:
Also Read: How to check if your mobile number is linked with your Aadhaar Card
Aadhaar Card status
If you have submitted a request for a new Aadhaar card, or if you have requested a change in name or other details, you can check your Aadhaar card status easily by voice call, website, or SMS.
How to check Aadhaar card status online with enrolment number
In order to check Aadhaar card status online, you need to have the enrolment number/ ID. The Enrolment ID (or EID) is a 14-digit number that you get when you apply for an update or new Aadhaar card. It is located at the top of the acknowledgement slip, along with the date and time stamp, that you get from the enrollment centre or UIDAI website. It may look something like this: 1234/54321/12345.
Once you find your acknowledgement slip and the EID, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar.
- Enter the EID and captcha details.
- If your Aadhaar is ready, you will get a status message on the next screen, saying “Your Aadhaar is generated”. Download or get the Aadhaar on your mobile from this screen itself.
The aforementioned steps can also be used to check Aadhaar card update status online.
How to check Aadhaar card status without enrolment number
Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to check Aadhaar status without an enrolment number. However, in case you have lost or forgotten your EID, there is a way to retrieve it online. For this, you will need your registered mobile number or email ID. Here are the steps to retrieve your lost enrolment ID/ number:
- Fire up your browser and go to UIDAI website
- Now, click on My Aadhaar, followed by Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID under Aadhaar services. Alternatively, you can click on this link
- Enter your full name, mobile number or email id, and the Captcha code on the respective fields
- Click on ‘Send OTP’
- You will be taken to another page where you can put in the OTP and click on ‘Login’.
- You will receive your EID on your mobile phone via SMS.
- Proceed to the UIDAI My Aadhaar portal and follow the steps mentioned above to check your Aadhaar status.
Also Read: Link PAN with Aadhaar: How to link PAN card with Aadhar card online for free
Is there any other way to check Aadhaar card status?
Yes, you can call the toll-free number 1947 to check Aadhaar card update status. Details of enrollment ID is also required here.
Can you check Aadhaar update status via SMS?
Yes, you can. To do so send SMS “UID Status <14-digit enrolment number>” to 51969 from your registered mobile number.
For all the latest Technology News Click Here