[Exclusive] POCO X4 series launch timeline revealed, two models could come to India | 91mobiles.com
POCO X4 series launch seems to be in the works. The alleged POCO X4 and POCO X4 NFC monikers were spotted on the IMEI database earlier today with the model numbers 2201116PI and 2201116PG. Now, 91mobiles has exclusively learned the launch timeline of the POCO X4 series, courtesy of noted tipster Mukul Sharma. Firstly, the lineup is expected to include a vanilla POCO X4, POCO X4 NFC, POCO X4 GT, and POCO X4 Pro. These will come as successors to the POCO X3 lineup. Mukul has also shared with us the models that will debut in India and their expected timelines.
POCO X4 series launch timelines
- To begin with, the POCO X4 NFC will debut in global markets in Q1 2022 but nothing has been said about its specifications at the moment.
- Similarly, the vanilla POCO X4 will launch in India in Q1 2022 and will succeed the POCO X3, which was well received in the country.
- There’s POCO X4 NFC for European regions and its testing has begun internally. While there’s no launch date for it yet, we can expect the launch announcement in early 2022.
- The POCO X4 GT is yet another X-series phone in the works and is in development only for global markets as Mukul tells us there are no India launch plans yet.
- There’s POCO X4 Pro as well and it might be a while before it goes official. The exact timeline isn’t revealed yet. So this means, the company has POCO X4 and X4 Pro in the works for the Indian market, for now.
To recall the POCO X3 Pro specifications, it has a 6.7-inch FHD+ IPS LCD display with 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 450nits brightness, and Corning Gorilla Glass 6 layer. It has quad-cameras on the back, led by a 48MP primary sensor, an 8MP secondary lens, and two 2MP sensors for depth and macro shots. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, IR Blaster, and USB Type-C port for charging. The phone is equipped with a ‘liquid cool plus’ technology, It packs a 5,160mAh battery with 33W fast-charging support and 26W USB PD support.
The phone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 SoC paired with up to 8GB of RAM and up to 128GB UFS 3.1 storage with support for a microSD card (up to 1TB). it runs on Android 11-based MIUI 12 with POCO’s clean experience on top. It is equipped with a 20MP selfie snapper, stereo speakers, Hi-Res audio support, and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor for security. The company has also launched vanilla POCO X3 and X3 GT as well. However, the regular POCO X3 and X3 Pro only landed in India. We can speculate the same might repeat for POCO X4 as well.
Also read: [Exclusive] IQOO and POCO planning to enter offline market in Q1 2022
For all the latest Technology News Click Here