Here’s how to deactivate your Twitter account
Are you tired of inadvertently being a part of the ongoing banter around the hostile Twitter takeover? While social media platforms may come with many benefits that include getting a minute-by-minute update on all that is going on over the world. Sometimes that is exactly what acts as a downside to using the social media platform. This can be quite overwhelming for those who do not wish to deal with toxic banter.
Here is how you can take a break from Twitter:
- To take a break from the platform, you can start by deactivating your account.
- Deactivating your Twitter will ensure that your username or your Twitter “handle”) and public profile are not viewable on twitter.com, Twitter for iOS or Twitter for Android.
- After you have deactivated your account, you have a 30-day window to sign in your account and start using the platform.
- Following this, your Twitter account will be permanently deleted and your username will be allotted to someone else.
Twitter deactivation process via Twitter.com
- Go on the web browser and click on to Twitter.com and log into your account.
- Click on the More icon on the bottom left corner of your screen and then click on Settings and privacy from the drop-down menu.
- From the Your account tab, click on Deactivate your account.
- Click the Deactivate button.
- You can now enter your password and confirm your selection by clicking the Deactivate account button.
Twitter deactivation process via Twitter app
- Tap the Home button in the Twitter app to access the side panel.
Step 2: Now scroll down and tap the Settings and Privacy section of the app.
Step 3: Tap the Your Account option.
Step 4: Now tap the Deactivate your Account option.
Step 5: Now tap the Deactivate button.
Step 6: Enter your password and confirm your selection.
For all the latest Technology News Click Here