6 reasons the ‘Blue Tick’ may get automatically removed from a Twitter account – Times of India
Not everyone can get a verified Twitter account but at the same time getting the blue tick verification badge doesn’t mean that it will stay there forever. As per Twitter’s terms and conditions, the ‘blue tick’ may be removed by Twitter as well without giving much explanations.
Twitter has clarified that it can remove the “blue verified badge and verified status of a Twitter account at any time and without notice.” Here are six reasons as to why Twitter may remove the verification badge or ‘blue tick’ from an user’s account:
- If the verified Twitter user changes the username (@handle) then the ‘blue tick’ will automatically get removed. You can change your name without affecting the verification status but you are not allowed to change the account handle.
- While you are free to change your name and bio note that Twitter may remove the ‘blue tick’ if you are caught impersonation or intentionally misleading people on Twitter by changing your display name or bio
- If a verified Twitter account becomes inactive or incomplete then Twitter may remove the verification badge. Usually, if there’s no activity in a Twitter account for six months or months, Twitter may highlight it as inactive and the ‘blue tick’ may get removed.
- Twitter may remove the verification status if the verified account is found violating any terms of service that leads to immediate account suspension.
- If the owner of the verified Twitter account is no longer for which position they were initially verified and do not otherwise meet Twitter’s criteria for verification since leaving such position
- Twitter may also remove the ‘blue tick’ for repeated violations in Tweets, including but not limited to: hateful conduct policy, abusive behavior, glorification of violence policy, civic integrity policy, private information policy, or platform manipulation and spam policy.
For all the latest Technology News Click Here